Windows Mobile 6.1, Filter Criteria for profiles in MobiControl Version 10 (!)

Windows Mobile 6.1, Filter Criteria for profiles in MobiControl Version 10 (!)

Hello,

I know in MobiControl 13 you can set up a Filter Criteria with Custom Data for deploying Profiles.

Is this funcionality also available in MobiControl Version 10?

• 25 January 2018
  • SOTI MobiControl
  • 2 Answers
  • 0 Upvote
  • 1 Follower
  • 1.1K Views
    • 2 Answers
    • 0 Upvote
    • 1 Follower

2 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Support Staff | posted this 25 January 2018

Hi Jurgen, 

Profiles do not exist in Version 10.  Version 13 and 14 do this quite efficiently.  Have you considered upgrading to a more recently developed version in order to take advantage of this and the many other features that have been implemented, such as profiles?

If you are looking to filter your devices using custom data perhaps a virtual group will allow you to do this in Version 10.   However, if you are considering upgrading I would upgrade first as virtual group criteria has changed in our most recent versions and may have to be removed prior to upgrading.

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |1.905.624.9828 | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

Jürgen Zahn | posted this 28 January 2018

Hello,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my customer won't update his installation.

I have to install packages (Windows Mobile CAB-Files) depending on custom data. What are the options in version 10 to do this?

I only know this option: I have to read out the custom data (registry-value) inside of a command script.

Is there a script command to install packages? I just found this command in the guide but it works only with Android+ devices: installPackage

Regards,

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback