XML configuration for Outlook app for iOS?

XML configuration for Outlook app for iOS?

Hi,

i try to install the outlook app for iOS with an initial konfiguration so that the user only need to enter the password to use the app. i'm using the "configuration command" field and the following XML.

<dict>
<key>com.Microsoft.Outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName</key>
<string>company Exchange</string>
<key>com.Microsoft.Outlook.EmailProfile.Email</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_EMAIL%</string>
<key>com.Microsoft.Outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_USERNAME%</string>
<key>com.Microsoft.Outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName</key>
<string>mail.company.com</string>
</dict>

 

but i don't work...can anybody help with this?

7 Answers

Order By:   Standard | Newest | Votes
Raymond Chan | posted this 30 April 2020

It is often quite hard to find documentation on the AppConfig paremeters for many managed apps of interest, sometimes not even from the app vendor support sites.   Frankly  speacking, I personally haven't tested the following, which I found by chance somewhere on the web some time ago, but I think it's worth trying.

 

1.  Replace "com.Microsoft.Outlook."  found in each of your keys with "com.microsoft.outlook."  , as the key string should be case sensitive;

 

2.  Append

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

before and 

</plist>

after your <dict> ... < /dict> content 

 

Please let me know if any of the above works for you.

 

  • 0
  • 0
David Scholdan | posted this 06 May 2020

Hi Raymond,

thx for your support. So i tried what you suggested but it sadly dont work.

When i try to append

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

...

</dict>

</plist> 

I get an error in SOTI

So i tried to replace  "com.Microsoft.Outlook."  to  "com.microsoft.outlook." and it dont work neither.

<dict>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName</key>
<string>REWE Exchange</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.Email</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_EMAIL%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_USERNAME%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName</key>
<string>mail.xxx.com</string>
</dict>

 

Any other ideas?

Thx a lot!!!

  • 0
  • 0
Raymond Chan | posted this 21 May 2020

I've confimed that only the Dictionary portion is needed and the XML header can be omitted.

 

The following may be a reference template for you to further explore:

<dict>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountType</key>
<string>BasicAuth</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName</key>
<string>abc</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName</key>
<string></string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAddress</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_EMAIL%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_USERNAME%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountDomain</key>
<string></string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerAuthentication</key>
<string>Username and Password</string>
<key>IntuneMAMAllowedAccountsOnly</key>
<string>Disabled</string>
<key>IntuneMAMUPN</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_USERNAME%</string>
</dict>

Please note that this template may not be right for your Outlook version.  To be sure, you need to find documentation or Managed App Configuration specfile related to the Outlook version you are using.

  • 0
  • 0
David Scholdan | posted this 27 May 2020

Hi Raymond,

works fine - thanks a lot for your support!!!

Kind regards

David

  • 0
  • 0
Raymond Chan | posted this 29 May 2020

Hi David,

 

Did you use my template successfully without any field name change required?  If so, please share which Outlook version/build number you are using.  If not, please share what field(s) are not applicable or need mofifications.

 

Thanks.

 

  • 0
  • 0
David Scholdan | posted this 29 May 2020

Hi Raymond,

its Outlook Version 4.38.0 (newest) and I used your template without any field name changes. I only deleted two keys we dont want to use - and added one.

Here is the final XML

<dict>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountType</key>
<string>BasicAuth</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAccountName</key>
<string>ABC Test</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerHostName</key>
<string>mail.company.com</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailAddress</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_EMAIL%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.EmailUPN</key>
<string>%ENROLLEDUSER_UPN%</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.AccountDomain</key>
<string></string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.EmailProfile.ServerAuthentication</key>
<string>Username and Password</string>
<key>com.microsoft.outlook.Mail.FocusedInbox</key>
<false/>
</dict>

  • 0
  • 0
DDMOD@SOTI | posted this 29 May 2020

Hi David,

 

Thank you for advising us that your post has been solutioned. Please let us know what reply you found to assist you in solving your inquiry so others may benefit from this information by selecting "is solution".

 

Regards,

Technical Support | SOTI Inc. |+1-888-494-SOTI (7684) | support@soti.net | www.soti.net |

  • 0
  • 0

Give us your feedback
Give us your feedback
Feedback